Christmas Toys of the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's

Christmas time always bring childhood memories flooding back. We all hold dear those moments as a child, waking up Christmas morning and rushing to the tree to see what Santa left for us.
Personally, the stocking was my favorite. It was the first thing I went for and was never disappointed by the goodies crammed inside. But that is for another story.
Back to the presents under the tree.
There was the year I got my beloved roller skates. I must admit, I found them in the far reaches of my parents closet. Tried them out on the hardwood floors, weeks before Christmas. But I was thrilled nonetheless.
So many awesome toys my sister and I got through the years. There was a Snoopy Snow Cone Machine, Fashion Plates, Weeble Wobble Tree House, a Cher Doll and a Spirograph, just to name a few. Those were the seventies.
Great memories, good times and hours of fun just being a kid.
What are some of your best "Christmas Toy" memories?

1940 Sears Christmas Catalog































1952 Sears Christmas Catalog




































1967 FAO Schwartz Catalog

























1977 JC Penny's Christmas Catalog





























Photos from http://www.wishbookweb.com/

Looking for the perfect retro gift? Check out oldsoulretro.com for retro vintage inspired fashions, home decor and more.

OLDSOULRETRO.COM

Rachel Davies
Google+ December 18th, 2012

Post a Comment

1 Comments